Sunday, November 21, 2010

November

Almost a month without posting...
Anyhow, forgive me for neglecting to update but here it is ;-).  University is in its normal (Italian) rhythm now.  Unfortunately for me, that means getting up early since most of my classes start at 8h30 or 9h30.... I realize again how hard it was in high school. On the other hand it does give me the time on some days to go to the library or to work a bit in general for my thesis (which is behind schedule).
Two weeks ago, Nathalie, Jan (her boyfriend), mama and one of my grandfathers were here. It was super to see them again and to have a bit of Belgium back in my life.  I hope they enjoyed (I sure did). Following their visit filled with presents and lovely dinners,  another friend: Krisztian, was here for a visit. By now school was completely on a run, so we couldn't meet up the entire day, but the time we could I enjoyed! Thanks for the visit! During the weekends I still try to do some activities outside of Rome or something relaxing.  So we went to the Vulcanic Lakes south of Rome, near Rocca della Papa , where one of the vacation houses of the pope is located.  There's even a doorbell with: Swiss Guard :).  Lovely day with a great picnic!
Another weekend (when Krisz was here) we visited the Etruscian hills of Cerveteri. Amazing to know how old these constructions are. After a friendly hitchhike back and forth to the site, we ended our visit by a walk at the sea.  Although it wasn't warm enough to swim, it was still amazing to walk on the beach barefooted, in a T-shirt ! Don't get me wrong, it does rain here (sometimes very heavy) but if you're lucky the weather is like spring in Belgium!
Last monday Eline was so friendly to cut my hair lol because as you can see it was a bit of a mess :)

This weekend we went to a free concert in the Rumanian Academy. First we tried the Belgian one but it was full (just like the Castello di Sant Angelo). Jazz, blues and some soft rock... After that the "giro" continued to Piazza Colonna, but it was over-crowed, so the decision was made to finish the day in a bar.
I also met up with Diletta last friday, I girl I met 6 years ago on one of the international camps I attended. Crazy that by some luck she found out I was in Rome. After having dinner in a very nice typical Roman bar with delicious food, we had a stroll around Rome, and caught up with the stories! Great to see you again ;)
This week I'll have to work significantly for my thesis! So fingers crossed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment