Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oggi

So today was finally D-day. Classes started...... but as you could guess, this is Italy so that implies ...CHAOS. I went to school at 8h30 (felt like high school...).
Rather early in my opinion but I shouldn't complain, I can take a metro virtually in front of our apartment and then after the metro it's another 10-15min walking through a park. I've heard other stories.

Once arrived and with renewed courage after waking up so early; the first disappointment: a note on the door saying that the first lesson I picked would only start the 5th of november. The next lesson no-one appeared and the one following that, had students in the classroom (an improvement compared to the previous one) but no professor.
So after a couple of hours, of no lessons what so ever, we had lunch (thx to Stefaan).

The afternoon started more promising. A course about restoration that seemed interesting. Unfortunately I didn't really understood it so well because of the lack of Italian, but I hope that'll change in the future.
All by all, a first victory. After this success I had one more class to check out...but....the hours were changed (it was written somewhere->not at any defined place, that would have made to much sense) and it had already started. After waiting a bit (by then I got used to it) I decided it had been enough and went with Marion, my flatmate, and Eline to see a movie:
La Dolce Vita...
      (a bit ironic if I look back at this day. For 1,5 h of lessons I spend almost a whole day at the faculty...I hope tomorrow will go better. The schedule is even worse so fingers crossed!)
                     ...a classic, that surprised me a bit. A very hectic one, but maybe that is what it should be, after all, it's an Italian movie ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment